I lost something
It was a long time ago….I think
I no longer remember what it felt like to have it, to wholly and soully have it.
Children have it, I was a child once so I must have had it then.
Children are a reminder of what we all once had, that incredible, overwhelming belief in our ability to do and be anything at all.
A child is a musician, an artist, an actor, a singer, a dancer an athlete. Often all in the one day.
Last week I went to a fabulous art exhibition. It was held at the school and showcased the artwork from children aged 5 to 12 years.
All of them, such enthusiastic, incredible young artists.
Here is a sneaky peek.
When did I lose that unshakeable belief in myself as an artist. When did I replace pride with self-consciousness and doubt.
When did the desire to be seen as an artist cease and blending into the background begin.
When did I no longer believe I could sing, dance and perform for an audience?
Where did all this belief go?
I am beginning to recapture some of it…….mmmm yes and it is a delicious feeling.
I feel it build when I take a great photo, complete a new video or even when I write a great piece for this blog. I become impatient, excited ready to release it to the world. Scared a little, which adds to the emotional build. The delight in knowing this is all my original work and the pride I feel as I develop my style, my flair.
Here is my latest offering, yes I could not resist, a new video.
A quick minute and a half of creative expression, both mine and the children’s.
Now it is your turn.
Let’s stir up your self belief and give you a taste of that decadent feeling.
Yes you, you can do this.
The challenge : Do one artistic, creative thing and share it with someone. Sounds scary, good that means you are getting the full experience.
Here are some suggestions
- Take a creative photo of anything and post it on Facebook or Instagram
- Write a poem and message it to a loved one
- Sing out loud while making dinner and the family can hear you
- Doodle at your desk and show the person sitting beside you
- Grab a packet of coloured textas and draw a picture then put it up on the fridge at home….dont’ forget to put your name on it
- Pick some flowers and arrange them yourself, then give the arrangement to a friend
- Draw a picture with chalk on your driveway
- Go to Picmonkey.com, upload a photo and add a message then share on social media
- Go to a Dance Class with a friend and go nuts
- Take an art class
Please add to the list in comments below and of course let me know what you get up to.
This will be fabulous fun….trust me