Can you believe another month has gone by, yes another 30 days of daily photos.
I clicked over day 300 days in April, a significant milestone for me. Wowzas!!!
It was at around day 275 that I began to waiver and struggle for inspiration for my daily prompt. I then began questioning my reasons for continuing.
I felt so far from the finish line, and yet so deeply invested, that giving up would be silly.
I decided to check back in with my initial desire. Revisit the WHY I began my Project 365.
This is when it got interesting.
I began wanting to improve my photography by regularly using my Miss Fancy pants DSLR. Photoaday would hold me accountable to a daily practice, and I knew this would be an effective way to improve my skills over time.
Since then I have improved my skills without a doubt and so, so much more.
I have also:
- become an explorer of new techniques and lenses
- challenged myself creatively to set up clever, original and funky ways to express the daily prompt
- built an incredible body of work I am ridiculously proud of and I also use across many elements of my business
- developed my confidence as a photo taker
- embraced my style and uniqueness as it continues to emerge
- documented treasured moments
- involved the kids in my hobby
- had lots and lots and lots of fun
Then came the realisation.
It is not the thrill of chasing down the goal or the overall achievement that has me feeling good.
It is the daily moments of self discovery that have become essential ingredients to living my life fabulously.
Without further ado, I am proud to share my April collage
Is there a hobby, a Project you have been considering starting? A nudge that shows up time and time again? Could there be an opportunity for you to embrace and grow in ways you cannot imagine today?
I will be excited and delighted if you share your ideas with me in comments.
As always, Live Fabulously