Over the past few days I have been overwhelmed by the many stories of personal achievement I have heard.
People reliving past successes and enjoying immense feelings of achievement as they bubble back to the surface. Distinct memories brought on by my own big challenge and the story of my success.
These words from Nerissa of sum it up beautifully.
You can read more of Nerissa’s wisdom over at Words by Nerissa.
As I continue to bask in my own feelings of accomplishment I also want to share this feeling with others, with you.
I want you to feel that irrepressible hit of confidence, that exquisite boost that comes when you challenge yourself and you succeed.
I want your wings to spread as your self belief soars to new heights.
I want your reservoir of pizzazz to enlarge, providing life building strength to draw from in times of doubt.
The question is do you want this too?
Challenges come in all shapes and sizes, they are both physical and mental and a combination of the two.
What challenges you is unique to you.
What challenges you today will evolve over time as you accumulate more life experiences, desires and skill sets.
Here are 25 simple ways you can add a challenge to your everyday life.
- Bake the family Christmas cake this year
- Grow a plant from seed
- Complete a 5km Fun Run
- Paint that picture you always imagine
- Knit a scarf
- Host your first ever New Years Eve party
- Master that elusive yoga pose
- Begin to meditate
- Ride a bike
- Write a short story
- Complete a Photoaday monthly challenge
- Write a love letter and post it
- Get up one hour earlier and walk 3 mornings this week
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger
- Write and incredible entry for a 25 words or less competition
- Pitch your amazing idea to the boss
- Say no to take away food for a fortnight
- Attend an art class
- Try rollerblading
- Go to Boot Camp
- Switch your phone off for a day
- Quote yourself on Facebook
- Take swimming lessons
- Invite some friends over to start a Book Club
- Write a love note to yourself everyday for a month.
Be conscious with your challenges, write them down, stick them on the fridge, tell a friend. Acknowledge your progress and of course celebrate your wins.
What will challenge you?
Is it that naggy little thought that popped in your head as you read this? It may be.
Whatever it is go for it, do one small thing today to make it even better than yesterday.